Wes
  • Wes
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-02-26T16:04:07Z
Thank you for all your patience. I am happy to say that this coming release will have an updated combat tracker. Before I get into that, I do also want to mention one thing. As everyone knows, Fantasy Grounds had a big update, that kind of put us into a tailspin to get stuff done. With the help from the team at Smiteworks, we were able to get Conan updated and compatible. One thing we did notice was in FGC, the formatting looks the way we intended. However, when you load up FGU, it seems the formatting and alignments seem to be a tiny bit off in places.

We have been speaking to the Devs at Smiteworks, and they tell me this is an issue they are aware of and are working on fixing it. Because of that, we decided to leave it as it is, since it does not hurt the ruleset in any way we can tell, and it should fix itself at some point, or we will hear back differently, at which point we will investigate it more.

Now, the Combat Tracker. The Order box has been changed to a tickable button. When you tick it, the turn flag will jump to that player. When the GM hits the next round button, they will all untick and be ready for the next round.

There are a few limitations as it stands with the Tracker that we are still working on. We added mobs, but to get it done, we basically modified the code from the effects window. Because of this some of the normal functionality is not perfect.

As I mentioned previously, you will need to add a blank minion in order to add another. We have been trying to add the change visibility to the minions, but for some reason it is not populating to icon. So, to make icon visible, you will need to right click on them on the map and make them visible.

What we are going to ultimately do is go back to how we started and look at SWADE for inspiration. However, we did not want to hold this up more, and feel as it stands, it is much better than it was. We are still going to work on it actively, and we hope to have it working the way we want it to as soon as we can.

One final thing we noticed was that with this update, some of the data in the database is not reporting. It doesn't seem to be universal, but we want to make sure it is mentioned, just in case this happens to you.
Trenloe
2021-02-26T16:15:19Z
Thanks for the update - looking forward to it.

Can you expand on "One final thing we noticed was that with this update, some of the data in the database is not reporting." I play with the ruleset regularly and so would like to understand what I'd need to be aware of.
Muttley
2021-03-09T21:53:16Z
Originally Posted by: Wes 

As I mentioned previously, you will need to add a blank minion in order to add another.

Unfortunately, though this workaround works on Classic, on Unity it doesn't. 😞
Wes
  • Wes
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-03-24T18:53:07Z
Originally Posted by: Trenloe 

Thanks for the update - looking forward to it.

Can you expand on "One final thing we noticed was that with this update, some of the data in the database is not reporting." I play with the ruleset regularly and so would like to understand what I'd need to be aware of.

I wish I could. We have not been able to recreate it to figure it out. We are keeping an eye out on it, and as soon as we can, we will fix it.
Wes
  • Wes
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-03-24T18:56:07Z
Originally Posted by: Muttley 

Originally Posted by: Wes 

As I mentioned previously, you will need to add a blank minion in order to add another.

Unfortunately, though this workaround works on Classic, on Unity it doesn't. :(

Thank you for pointing that out, we will look into it.
Daniel_S
2021-05-09T08:16:05Z
Hello, adding mobs to the FGU combat tracker is not possible yet?